Reflexology is an ancient healing therapy that has been refined as a deeply relaxing holistic treatment to maintain wellbeing and facilitate the improvement of numerous conditions for all age groups.
The body is mirrored on the feet, hands, ears or face in miniature form by reflexes. When pressure is applied to these reflexes by specific thumb and finger techniques, a skilled practitioner can detect tiny deposits or congestion and locate areas that are out of balance. This triggers a response holistically, to activate the body’s own self-healing, to bring it back into balance and provide a sense of ‘inner calm’.
Positive benefits have been evidenced for many conditions, including the following:
• Kidney Stones
• Back, Neck and Shoulder pain
• Migraines and headaches
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Parkinson’s Disease
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Constipation and Diarrhoea
• Gall Stones
‘Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity’ World Health Organization 1948
A Reflexology treatment provides benefits through;
- Inducing deep relaxation. It is estimated that over 75% of all illnesses are from stress and tension which given time can cause many other health issues. A reflexology treatment allows the whole body to relax and provides opportunity to rebalance
- Encouraging the opening and clearing of neural pathways – Over 14,000 nerve endings are stimulated in a foot reflexology treatment. This allows messages between the central nervous system and body to be sent and received effectively
- Improving circulation of oxygen and nutrients – blood vessels contract and relax without stress and tension during a reflexology treatment
- Promoting the release of toxins – through stimulation of lymphatics, kidneys, colon and skin
- Illness prevention – by inducing deep relaxation, boosting the immune system and reducing inflammation
- Reducing Pain – Endorphin stimulation is promoted during a treatment – the body’s natural pain killers
- Balancing every system of the whole body – Each treatment covers every body system to work optimally together before tailoring to specific needs
Reflexologists do not prescribe, diagnose or claim to cure. Reflexology aims to work alongside medical practitioners to improve or maintain health and well-being.